Do you like home improvement projects? If you answered yes, you should really consider all the benefits a professionally installed window film can offer. In this article, we wanted to discuss some benefits of window films to a homeowner and why they should consider it for home improvement projects.
Why Window Film Is a Perfect Home Improvement Project
- Color Neutral Options – While this may not have been the case in the past, modern window films can offer the tremendous benefits listed below without impacting the looks of your home.
- Lower Bills – In hot weather, solar-control films can block up to 80 percent of the solar energy coming through windows. This can cut down on air conditioning costs by reducing the amount of time your unit needs to operate in order to keep the home comfortable. In addition, it can help reduce maintenance costs by lowering the strain on your equipment.
- Added Protection – Visible light lies on the spectrum between ultraviolet, which damages furniture, and infrared, which beams heat. Treated windows will block 99 percent of UVA and UVB rays, thus greatly slowing the deterioration and fading of drapes, carpet and furniture.
- Decorative and Privacy Applications – Today’s window films also can inexpensively make clear glass look etched or frosted to increase privacy or for a decorative effect.
- Not a Fix For a Deteriorating Window – If your windows are in bad shape, leaking or poorly insulated, adding film won’t fix that. Deteriorating windows should be replaced. However, if your windows are in good shape, don’t go through the cost of replacing them just to improve energy efficiency, consider adding window film.
If you would like to learn more about how home window films can help with your upcoming home improvement projects, click HERE. If you have any questions about this article or would like to schedule a free, no obligation quotation, contact us today by calling (918) 812-0953 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.